On 1st March 2012, Asia Documentary Network (ADN) is replacing Europe Asia Documentary network (EADn) which has been created in June 2010 by a group of 20 doc players (directors, producers, distributors and broadcasters) from Europe and Asia.
The new name has been decided in order to follow the globalization of documentary industry and the growing interest of European and American audience in Asian documentary content.
As a cooperative platform, ADN focuses on 4 objectives :
• Promote & develop documentary coproductions and long term cooperation between Asia and other continents in the world
• Create a permanent network of independent documentary producers and directors who are interested in producing doc films about Asia-Pacific area
• Increase the visibility of Asian documentary production in the rest of the world
• Offer training and support for the new generation of Asian doc producers
ADN will be organized in 4 groups :
- Science, wildlife & environment
- Art & culture
- New media
Several companies and institutions have accepted to be partners of EADN.
ADN offers different kinds of activities.
Over 500 doc players from Europe, America, Middle East, Africa and Asia have already accepted to be members of ADN.
ADN is coordinated by Sinapses Asia Ltd, in conjunction with the ADN Steering Commitee.
Co-founder and coordinator: Pierre-Yves Lochon (France / Hong Kong)
Co-founder: Changfu Zhang (Indonesia)